1. ABOUT ULTRALYTICS
Founded in 2014, Ultralytics is a leader in providing advanced AI and computer vision solutions. We specialize in developing open-source models for object detection, instance segmentation, image classification, pose estimation, and multi-object tracking. Our innovative SaaS tool, Ultralytics HUB, enables seamless no-code training and deployment of AI models.
2. SCOPE AND APPLICABILITY
This Policy details how we handle personal information across Ultralytics products, services, our website https://ultralytics.com (“Site”), and other standard business practices (collectively, “Services”).
Personal information, for the purpose of this Policy, refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. This includes, but is not limited to, names, email addresses, and phone numbers.
This Policy applies to all current and prospective Ultralytics customers, including those using our open-source models and Ultralytics HUB. It also extends to end-users, partners, and other individuals from whom we collect personal information in the course of providing our Services and operating our Site. This Policy does not govern the handling of employee and job applicant personal information.
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect a limited scope of personal information from individuals using our Services, and in certain cases, with your explicit consent. We may obtain this information directly from you, through your use of our Services, or from third parties. Below are the types of personal information we collect:
- Registration and Account Information: When you register for Ultralytics HUB or our other Services, we collect information such as your name, email address, company role/title, and credentials necessary for account creation and access.
- Customer Support: We gather information related to your inquiries and feedback when you engage with our customer support team, including email address and the nature of your request or issue.
- Usage Data: When using our Services, we automatically collect data such as device identifiers, operating system, browser type, IP address, pages visited, and interaction metrics. This information helps us enhance user experience and service quality.
- Business Partner Information: We may collect personal data from our business partners, including names, job titles, contact details, and other relevant business information.
- Marketing and Communications: For marketing activities, we might collect information such as your name, email address, and preferences to provide you with updates and promotions related to our Services.
- Third-Party Information: We may receive information about you from third-party services for marketing and operational purposes, subject to their respective privacy policies.
We may anonymize or aggregate data for statistical analysis, product development, and marketing strategies. For further details on data collection, please refer to the “Your Choices and Rights” section below.
4. HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
At Ultralytics Inc., we are committed to leveraging personal information to enhance user experience and service quality responsibly. Our use of personal information includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Service Improvement: To maintain and improve the performance of Ultralytics YOLO and Ultralytics HUB, we use the personal information to understand user behavior, optimize algorithms, and enhance overall functionality.
- Customer Communication: We communicate with our users for support, feedback, and to provide updates about our services. This includes responding to queries related to YOLO models and Ultralytics HUB.
- Account Management: Personal information is used for managing user accounts, including registration, user verification, and providing customized experiences.
- Research and Development: To advance our technologies in object detection and machine learning, we may use aggregated and anonymized data for research purposes.
- Marketing and Promotions: We may use personal information to inform users about new features, services, or promotional offers related to Ultralytics YOLO and Ultralytics HUB.
- Legal Compliance: We may use personal information to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and to respond to lawful requests from public authorities.
5. HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Ultralytics Inc. values the privacy of our users and restricts the sharing of personal information to necessary circumstances:
- Service Providers: We engage with trusted third parties to facilitate certain aspects of our services, such as cloud hosting, data analysis, and customer support. These providers are bound by confidentiality agreements and are strictly prohibited from using personal data for any other purpose.
- Business Transfers: In events like mergers, acquisitions, or asset sales, we may transfer personal information as part of the business assets. In such cases, we commit to ensuring the confidentiality of any personal information involved.
- Legal Obligations: If required by law, we may disclose personal information in response to legal processes such as court orders or to comply with regulatory obligations.
- Aggregated Data: We may share anonymized and aggregated data with partners or for public relations. This data cannot be used to identify individual users.
6. HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
Ultralytics employs robust security measures to protect personal information:
- Data Security: We implement industry-standard security measures like encryption and secure server hosting to protect personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction.
- Employee Training: Our team is trained on privacy and data protection best practices to ensure safe handling of user information.
- Regular Audits: We conduct periodic reviews and audits of our privacy practices and security measures to ensure the ongoing protection of personal information.
- Incident Response: In the unlikely event of a data breach, we have procedures in place to promptly notify affected individuals and take necessary remedial actions.
7. DATA STORAGE AND RETENTION
Ultralytics utilizes secure, primarily U.S.-based data hosting service providers to store data collected from our open-source models like Ultralytics YOLO and our SaaS no-code training tool, Ultralytics HUB. We employ robust technical measures to ensure the security and integrity of this data. Our commitment to data privacy and security is reflected in our continuous monitoring and updating of our privacy and security practices to safeguard your personal information against unauthorized access, alteration, or destruction.
For specific information on our data retention periods and procedures, please refer to our Data Retention Policy or contact us at email@example.com.
8. YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
Ultralytics acknowledges your rights over your personal data. You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Marketing Communications: You have the option to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in such communications.
- Account Information: For modifications or deletion of your account data, please contact us directly.
- Access and Control: You are entitled to access, correct, or delete your personal information, and we are committed to facilitating these processes in a timely manner.
9. COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGY
Please note, we do not engage in practices that respond to "Do Not Track" signals from web browsers. We also do not currently participate in any targeted advertising using this collected data.
10. SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE FOR EEA, UK, AND SWITZERLAND RESIDENTS
- Legal Basis for Processing: For users in the EEA, UK, and Switzerland, Ultralytics processes personal data based on legal grounds as required by applicable laws, such as contractual necessity, compliance with legal obligations, and our legitimate business interests.
- International Data Transfers: Data collected may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EEA, UK, and Switzerland, particularly in the United States. We ensure that such transfers comply with legal requirements and that the data remains protected to the standards described in this policy.
- Data Protection Rights: You have specific rights regarding your personal data, including the right to access, correct, and request deletion of your data. If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us.
- Complaints: Should you have a complaint regarding the handling of your data, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority in your country or region.
11. SUPPLEMENTAL DISCLOSURE FOR UNITED STATES RESIDENTS
This section elaborates on the personal information Ultralytics Inc. collects and the rights granted to individuals under various U.S. state data protection and privacy laws, including but not limited to:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- Colorado Privacy Act (CPA)
- Connecticut Data Privacy Act (CTDPA)
- Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (VCDPA)
We collect and disclose personal information for business purposes, which may include:
- Identifiers/Contact information: Name, postal address, email address, IP address.
- Commercial information: Details related to products or services purchased.
- Internet or other electronic network activity: Interaction with Ultralytics Products.
- Geolocation data: Approximate location data based on IP address.
- Inferences drawn: Aggregated metrics, user preferences.
- Account log-in credentials.
For more details, refer to the "Personal Information We Collect" section.
Additional Privacy Rights for California Residents:
- Non-Discrimination: California residents have the right to non-discriminatory treatment for exercising their rights under CCPA.
- Authorized Agent: Requests can be made by the individual or an authorized representative.
- Verification: We will verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
Additional Privacy Rights for Nevada Residents:
- Nevada residents have the right to opt out of the sale of certain Personal Information.
12. THE CHILDREN'S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT (COPPA)
Ultralytics Inc.'s services are not designed for children under 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under this age. If you discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, please contact us immediately.
13. THIRD-PARTY SERVICES, APPLICATIONS, AND WEBSITES
Our services may include links to third-party services, applications, and websites with their own privacy policies. Ultralytics Inc. is not responsible for the privacy practices of these entities. We encourage users to review their policies before engagement.
14. CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
15. CONTACT US
5001 Judicial Way
Frederick, MD 21703
We are committed to resolving any concerns regarding your personal information.